Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Workin' on the railroad


If you look down the left hand column under "Old Blog Archives," you'll see "February 2008." Click that on for a reprise of last month's blogposts on the old site.

Soon the January 2008 archive will be up, and then those for 2007 and 2006. It will take a while, because I speak only broken HTML coding . . .

Speaking of broken coding, when I was assembling the archive, I noticed that many if not most links to newspaper stories were broken. Newspapers usually leave stories for free reading online for only about a week, then put them in their archives and charge a fee for access. So it goes.

This suggests that next time I quote newspaper stories, I ought to quote at considerable length instead of just providing the links and a few descriptive words -- so that when the stories are archived and the original links broken, blog readers won't be left in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment